Thursday, November 25, 2021

AN EASY WAY TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF

                          Linda, a baby, and a cat

                        I can identify the cat, but not the baby.  Carolyn?

I know I have already posted once today, but this is too good to wait – especially with Black Friday at hand.

Did you know that you can finagle Amazon around so that every time you use it, a small donation is made to a charity of your choice?  Well, I certainly didn’t know that– but now, I am “woke”!  (Probably not a valid use of that neologism but, what the hell, I’m an old codger.)

Anyway, just google “smile.amazon.com” and follow the ensuing instructions.  No hassle; I did it in 30 seconds.  All you have to do is choose a charity.  I suggest Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, or the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research.  There are maybe 10,000 other causes to choose from; but try to avoid things like, say, the Donald Trump re-election fund.

Come on – do it!  It is useful, easy, and will even make you feel virtuous this dreary Thanksgiving day.

 

1 comment: