Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A BIO-MEDICAL THANKSGIVING GREETING


                     LINDA IN SCOTLAND, I THINK

                                      Or was it Norway?

Everyone seems to be wishing everyone else a happy, safe and amply gratifying Thanksgiving.  Rather than do that, I am going to refer you to the posting of my second favorite MD, Dr. Francis Collins of the NIH.  Of Dr. Collins I previously have written that he is incapable of writing a dull paragraph.  Well, his latest Blog (below) is certainly neither dull nor overly technical.  In it he gives Thanks for many of the latest advances in bio-medical research – and sneaks in layperson’s descriptions of what they are all about.  Good stuff.  Read it.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/11/23/feeling-grateful-this-thanksgiving-for-biomedical-research/ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myrl, thanks for this important reminder about gratitude. A few years ago I listened to a lecturer talk about gratitude and it was very powerful. Each day I try to focus on one thing that I'm grateful for. Although some days makes that easier than other days it does put life into perspective for me. I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving Myrl. Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out this is Inverness, Scotland

    ReplyDelete