Sunday, August 24, 2014

MORE GEMS OF "WISDOM"

Linda reads to Simon Hunsinger
She made that quilt
 

From time to time I run on tidbits of fact or speculation that I want to pass along, but that are too meagre to merit their own blog – so I append them as Comments on some relevant previous entry.  This probably means that most of you never see them.  This is my excuse for offering you the following list of “GEMS OF “WISDOM” YOU WOULD BE SORRY TO MISS”

Two comments on the use of aspirin to prevent cancer, under ASPIRIN REALLY IS THE WONDER DRUG,
I continue to ask “Why isn’t it used more?”, and the medical profession continues to ignore me.

 More on drug company economics, under ORPHAN DRUGS, 5/3/14
http://ljb-quiltcutie.blogspot.com/2014/05/orphan-drugs.html
…in which I almost feel sorry for Big Pharma which is, I admit, hard to do.

And cancer economics, under CANCER SCIENCE MARCHES ON, 8/8/14

 And even more on funding of cancer research, in THE TRUTH IN SMALL DOSES, 6/7/14

 Remember all those bugs crawling all over inside your body?  Well, the truth about them gets stranger and stranger.  From MICROBES MAKETH MAN, 11/18/12

 And you should take a look at the last comment under TO WALK IN BEAUTY , 5/21/14
because I give you one version of that particular Navajo prayer.  There are several.
 
Some comments on relative susceptibility to BRCA and OVCA.
 

 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Yup, that's Simon in the picture. Aunt Linda also made the pillow he's holding and he loves it and still sleeps with it every night.

    ReplyDelete