Monday, August 25, 2014

BACK AT WORK, filled with anticipation

Early Married Days
Evidently, our skinny phase
The cat is Whiskers
 
I am back at work for both of my  ovarian cancer programs, after a hiatus of nearly a month.  They both have things for me to proof-read.  These documents tend to be – for an outsider like me – tortuous, murky, and baffling, so I have to read them practically word by word.  This makes me pretty good at catching printing errors – but, of course, rather poor at editing.  But I do my best.
Next month I am going to attend a conference on ovarian cancer research, held at Seattle University under the auspices of the Rivkin center.    I intend to come back enlightened.  I am on pins and needles awaiting talks like the following:
Epithelial-mesenchymal transition driven by transcriptional feedback loops contributes to intertumoral molecular heterogeneity in the metastasis and relapse of epithelial ovarian cancer Ruby Yun-Ju Huang, MD, PhD • Cancer Science Institute of Singapore & National University of Singapore
Yes, I am being cynical.  I may skip this one – but others promise to be at least partially comprehensible.  I am sure to learn things.  Anyway, the conference cost me next to nothing – and they serve free breakfasts! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh such a scholarly title for a workshop! I recognized a few of the words. Glad you are back to helping out Hutch and Rivkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, this is only a 20-minute talk. (It will take five minutes just to read the title.) I may take a bathroom break.

      Delete