Saturday, March 31, 2012

NOT OC. I'M GOING IN SEARCH OF SUN AND DRYNESS

                                         Linda and Carolyn in Split Mountain gorge, 2007

This is merely to inform you that I am going on "vacation", in Borrego Springs, and so there will be fewer cancer-related postings.  It is hard to imagine taking a "vacation" from a life in which all one really needs to do is feed the cats, so maybe I'm just changing the locale of my lazy life-style.  I will continue to get stuff to read from the Hutch, but now I will be able to read it while sitting on my patio in shorts and a T-shirt.  I will be home by mid-May.

To orient those of you who know Split Mountain - when I took this picture my back was to "Anticline".

4 comments:

  1. How I wish I still had my big sister to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her to lean on, too. Arriving at our Borrego place last night and knowing she wasn't going to be there, ever, was very painful.

      Delete
  3. Lovely picture of the sisters having fun!

    Karl & Mary are in AZ and the temps are in the mid 90's. How's the weather/temp in Borrego Springs? Anything above 80 degrees is too hot for me! Although I do like sunny, dry, cooler climates.

    What happened to the post on melanoma? I was going to comment.

    Hope this goes through - it's my fourth attempt to get a Google acct.

    ReplyDelete