Monday, March 19, 2012

NOT OC. LINDA ON HER WEDDING DAY

                                                                    Thirty years ago today

I was a lucky guy.  Every day I realize just how lucky.  Yes, this is our 30th wedding anniversary, and I am going to write a little blurb about it and post it on her Tribute.  Please go there and read, and while you're there -write something yourself.  I know we all still miss her.

Now, about this blog.  It hasn't exactly gone "viral", has it?  As far as I can tell, there are only two people "following" it, and only two have written comments.  I'd hate to think it was intrinsic boringness on my part, or a lack of interest in cancer and its cures, that is to blame.  I prefer to think that it is just too danged hard to "comment".  It seems that you need a Google account, which entails grappling with those annoying "tests" - that is, reading a line of deformed letters that staggers around like the first few steps of a drunk outside a tavern.  It's a pain, but I guess you can't fault Google for trying to make money.  A Google account costs nothing, and you may even find it handy.  Anyway, please try, persevere, and write a comment or two - so I don't get discouraged and quit.  At the moment it seems to me that my blog is like the philosopher's tree that falls deep in the forest:  If nobody hears it fall, did it make any noise at all?

In case you've forgotten, Linda's Tribute web address is:  http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/goto/lindajoycebeck

10 comments:

  1. As one who can hear that tree fall, I am loving your blog. Of course as Linda's sister, anything to do with her is tops on my list. Pleaes keep writing, Myrl. (I have the posting down, but my photo was rejected!)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they won't allow "commentors" to post pictures. If they did this would turn into a clumsy version of Facebook.
      mbeck

      Delete
  2. I remember how the ribbon from that bouquet was tied around the gear shift in the Datsun truck for a long, long time. This is when she became part of my family. I do miss her very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember that, too. I was looking at the bouquet last night. (Yes, it's withered, but it still looks nice.) It still has some ribbon. Maybe I ought to cut off a little more and tie it around the gearshift of my van.

      Delete
  3. Grandpa, what a nice tribute to Linda on your anniversary - that is a beautiful picture! You look so happy. I hope this posts and works the way I want it to; I don't know how to use blogs. Looks like you are doing a good job at learning to master it though. The rest of us may be slow to follow but we will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have much to say, but want to see if my picture shows this time. No doubt yesterday was full of reflection and memories. You were a good husband to Linda and it is just so sad that you didn't get more years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Carolyn, you have mastered the Blogspot. Also, I see that Amanda did, too. Can Kristen (and lots and lots more) bre far behind? Myrl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried posting on your anniversary but didn't have an account and then got frustrated trying to make one. I was remembering the wedding and how nice it wasand how happy you both were. 30 years sounds like a long time, but really doesn't see all that long ago.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn told me about your blog. Not boring or anything. I've read several. Keep up the good work. Will be reading again, I'm sure. Maybe I'll be able to get the courage up to do it myself. I love the way your honor Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bobbie Ann. I was going through old blogs tonight (5/19/13) and found your comment. I hope you still are reading, and telling others about it. We have to defeat this damned disease. Myrl

      Delete