Thursday, March 24, 2022

WHAT IS GOING ON?


 Abu Beckr ibn Myrl al Beaumonti commands you to pay                                                   attention to this blog

Okay, now, listen up!

I have been writing this blog for about nine years, and in that time I have posted a few more than 900 entries.  Google, that omniscient tech demi-god, keeps track of how many times each blog is opened (and hopefully read).  Normally I can expect about 100 “hits” per week.  They accumulate slowly; right now my total for all time is a little north of 90,000.  Not great, but not so bad, either.

Well, a few days ago a strange thing began to happen;   Instead of at most a few dozen a day I started recording hundreds!  For instance, today so far 668 souls have accessed this blog.  More astonishing yet, if Google is to believed yesterday I had 2665 readers!  The key element here, unfortunately is “to be believed.”

All I can think of is as follows:

            Google has developed a very narrowly focused glitch.

            Somewhere, someone has screwed up there computer, causing it to “read” one or more of my blogs ad infinitum.

            The State Department has decided to use my blog to teach Ukrainian refugees how not to write English.

            Somehow my blog has slithered its way onto the Kardashian web site.

            Harvard medical school has put my blog on their essential reading list.  Followed by Stanford, etc.

**********************************************

So, loyal readers.  Please, if anyone knows what is going on, let me know quick – via a comment to this blog, for instance.  I just can’t believe I’m that popular!

No comments:

Post a Comment