Sunday, January 23, 2022

GENETIC COUNCELLING


                                           Linda and my Mom

                                                          Probably 1984

This article discusses the importance of genetic counseling.  Under all but the most straightforward circumstances genetic counseling is useful, and some cases it is indispensable.  However, there aren’t enough genetic counselors to go around.  We need to produce more.  If you like biology, can tolerate math, and want to help people, consider the field.

My youngest daughter, Kristen, trained as a genetics counselor, and she would have been a good one.  However, several unfortunate tricks of fate forced her to abandon the field.  She still informs me when my ideas are cockeyed, so I guess her education wasn’t wasted.  Thanks for your help, Kristen.

https://www.onclive.com/view/genetic-counseling-for-ovarian-cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment