Tuesday, January 4, 2022

DRINK TEA, LIVE LONGER


                                             Linda on Santorini

                                                    On a very hot day

Ii seems to be a very slow time period for news of ovarian cancer research.  I guess that could be a good thing, because it might mean that so much progress has been made already that the medical community has reached a “digestion” stage, of necessity entailing publication of strongly technical articles too abstruse for you and me.  Of course, it also might mean that the fight against OVCA has stalled.  Let’s hope not.

But, anyway, I did run on an article that will be of interest to all you folks who look to diet as a health tool.  If this study is correct, then drinking tea (real tea, not herbal imitations) will prolong longevity.  How?  Not sure, but probably has something to do with smothering inflammation.  Maybe that’s why my mother kept me on a diet of tea and dry toast whenever I was sick.

Here is the research, if you can call it that.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/13769531-tea-benefits-for-longevity/ 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Myrl for the great article on the benefits of drinking tea. I'm sipping some now. Nora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myrl for the great article about green tea. I'm sipping some now.

      Delete
  2. When I worked, I drank a thermos of green tea every day. I've slacked off some, but still drink a lot of tea.

    ReplyDelete