Friday, December 31, 2021

A NEW YEAR'S COUNTING GAME


 This beautiful quilt was created by my lovely wife shortly before ovarian cancer took her life.  I have it displayed on a wall in my living area here in the Willows, and I often sit in my recliner and admire it.  Moreover, I play a game: how many squares can I see?  The number is surprisingly high, but I won’t tell you the answer.  Count them yourself, then post the answer.  (I won’t screw up and say “Yeah, got it!  That would reduce the incentive for others to do their own count.)  If you get it right I will donate some cash to Linda’s fund at Fred Hutch in your name.

I can see that the bottom few red-bordered squares are indistinct, so I will tell you that all 12 such squares have nine little squares inside ‘em .

So, happy counting and remember – squares, not rectangles.

And Happy New Year!

This beautiful quilt was created by my beautiful wife shortly before ovarian cancer took her life.  I have it displayed on a wall in my living area here in the Willows, and I often sit in my recliner and admire it.  Moreover, I play a game: how many squares can I see?  The number is surprisingly high, but I won’t tell you the answer.  Count them yourself, then post the answer.  (I won’t screw up and say “Yeah, got it!  That would reduce the incentive for others to do their own count.)  If you get it right I will donate some cash to Linda’s fund at Fred Hutch in your name.

I can see that the bottom few red-bordered squares are indistinct, so I will tell you that all 12 such squares have nine little squares inside ‘em .

So, happy counting and remember – squares, not rectangles.

And Happy New Year!

4 comments: