Friday, February 26, 2021

OF TUMORS AND THE STOCK MARKET


              Linda, pursued by ash-flow tuff Voodoos!

I often forget that cancer research is, to a large extent, a business, and I somewhat irrationally recoil from articles that examine it as a money-making proposition.  I write this because I initially learned of the scientific development described below through web sites giving stock-market tips!  The company behind the tips is Celsion Corporation, headquartered in Lawrenceville, New Jersey, employing 29 persons, and tendering a stock valued, at this moment, $2.09 per share.  As far as I can see, Celsion has never even come close to making a profit, but I hope that will change with the following innovation:

https://www.cancernetwork.com/view/fda-grants-fast-track-designation-to-gen-1-immunotherapy-for-treatment-of-advanced-ovarian-cancer

Apparently Celsion has succeeded in devising a means of delivering an important cancer-destroying drug directly to the tumor, using nanoparticles, rather than pumping the stuff into the blood-stream and hoping for the best.  It appears that Celsion has received “fast track” status from the FDA for its new baby.  Let us hope.

So maybe I should buy a few shares?

No comments:

Post a Comment