Sunday, June 25, 2017

FRANCIS COLLINS, M.D.


A desert hike

Dr. Francis Collins is the Director of NIH and a prolific blogger.  His blogs concern medical matters, as you might guess.  I find them interesting, well written, important, simple – and short.  You could do worse than to subscribe to his newsletter to receive his blogs via email.  To do so, go to



Tomorrow I plan to summarize one of his recent blogs concerning stem cells.  I’d do it now but it is time to pop a beer and go watch golf on TV.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had planned to write a learned treatise on stem cells today, in preparation for summarizing Dr. Collins’ blog on bone marrow transplants and hematopoietic (read: having to do with blood) stem cells, but first I had to learn something about them. So, like any modern scholar would do, I turned to Wikipedia – which didn’t help. Luckily, the next entry was from the NIH – and it is a winner. If you lack a Ph.D. in molecular genetics but are serious about this stuff (which I’m sure you are), you need to read this.

    https://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/1.htm

    ReplyDelete