Monday, May 22, 2017

MUSCAT?


Serious and sophisticated, at 14

Well, we don’t need to worry about ovarian cancer any more.  They have it all figured out, in Oman!  Or so reports the Muscat Daily News.


I found this bit of “news” in my daily Google summary of news about OVCA.  Its reportage underlines the fact that Google doesn’t do quality control; that’s up to you (me).  A fair bit of the stuff the Google program tosses at me is pure crap.  Also, much of it is repetitious - half a dozen riffs on the same tune.  But I’d be up the familiar creek if it weren’t for Google Alerts, imperfect though it may be.


The funny thing is, if you read this Muscat Daily article you will be impressed.  It is a fair introduction to ovarian cancer.  Nothing you faithful readers don’t  already know, of course, but overall pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. My brain was free-wheeling along just now through the early annals of this blog, when it ran smack on into the following Atlantic article. You really should make time to read it.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/2010/11/lies-damned-lies-and-medical-science/308269/


    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought that Muscat was a wine!

    ReplyDelete