Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A DUBIOUS MILESTONE

Linda at Richard and Raelyn's wedding
 
Sometime last night my blog’s “hit count” crashed through 20,000 all-time, thanks to 115 from Russia!  This is, of course, total baloney – most, if not all, of those late-night Russian  “hits” were recorded by a computer algorithm searching for something like the recipe for nerve gas or good stock market tips.  A fat lot of good it did them, those Cyrillic computer hacker!  According to this morning’s newspaper, Russian hackers have gained access to the innermost secrets of the White House, including even our President’s golf handicap!  May they soon smoke themselves to death!
But, anyway, the hit recorder says 20,044 since I started this blog in 2012.  Of those, 12,817 are from the U.S., which I tend to believe.   Five hundred-odd are from Canada and the U.K.  The rest are from places like Russia, Ukraine, Poland, South Korea and Cambodia.  These I discount.  I estimate that perhaps 14,000 actual human beings have read a blog at one time or another – but this includes multiple hits from faithful followers, of which there are at least six.  Still, I think I have reached a lot of people.  I would pat myself on the back, were I not so damned arthritic! 
On a totally different not: who has my copy of the movie The Big Year?  I plan on doing one myself in 2016, and I need to study up.


1 comment:

  1. I try to follow your blog, wish I could get an email notification somehow! Don't have your movie, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete