Saturday, January 17, 2015

GOOD PEOPLE DO EXIST. We need more.

Carolyn and Linda
When?  Where?
 
This little entry has nothing to do with ovarian cancer, but it has a lot to say about how we should lead our lives.  What I am bringing to you is an Op Ed from today’s Wall Street Journal.  The author is an M.D. practicing general medicine in Bozeman, Montana, a high and desolate mountain village chiefly famous for the fact that my youngest granddaughter is a college student there.  I urge you to read it and then think for a few minutes.  I did just that, and came away taxing myself for not being a better person.  To signal a change in my character I hereby vow not to gloat if the Seattle Seahawks cream Green Bay tomorrow.  And maybe I’ll work on a few other things, too.
I don’t know why this little piece affected me so much.  Maybe it is because my desk is surrounded by pictures of Linda.  This is the way she lived.
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. You said it - the WSJ won't let me read the article. A pox on their house :(

    ReplyDelete