Wednesday, December 17, 2014

BAH! HUMBUG!

Linda, appropriately clad for the season

It is time to face facts: this computer is toast.  I have spent most of the day wrestling with it, with very little useful result.  I cannot post to Facebook, I cannot use Word, and I have to wrestle with cryptic pop-up messages of doom every few minutes.  So, Saturday I will drive to the big city and buy something newer and presumably better.  Then I may see how many times I can skip this one on the Salton Sea.  Here is all I want to say right now:

As usual, I ask that you do not give me presents for Christmas.  Cards are welcome, of course.  If you feel so inclined, give a gift to Fred Hutch, using this web  address:



As of this moment it will be matched by some anonymous benefactor, who has pledged $100K for the purpose;.  If you do donate, please remember to direct your donation to ovarian cancer research. Hell, let me get in the spirit of the thing, too:  I will match any donations from now until 12/31 - up to a total of $1K.  So, Merry Christmas, and stay sober.  This advice does not necessarily apply to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment