Monday, September 2, 2013

LET'S DO SOME BOOK KEEPING



Box Canyon, Anza Borrego State Park, California
 
No, she is not about to climb down
 
From time to time I have been asked a puzzling question: Who reads your blog?  I would very much  like to know.  My current answer is “thousands of people all over the world”, but I kinda suspect that might not be strictly accurate.    At all.
So, how about giving me a little help, please.  When you read this blog, ask yourself the question: how many times in a typical month do I read “Myrl’sBlog”?    Then please email the answer to myrlbeck@msn.com.  I am hoping that I will get many, many answers of “once a month”, but I am a little afraid that it will turn out that my 8000 “hits” are due to about 16 people turning to it (the blog) about 500 times per month.  It is nice to have loyal readers, but the idea here is to reach the masses.
I will let you know the answer in a month. 
Thanks
Myrl
 


4 comments:

  1. Carolyn has spotted an interesting ovarian cancer blog that contains useful info: http://www.ovationsforthecure.org/whispernetwork/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another ovarian cancer tip from the Department of Defense: September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. I’ve got to get my butt in gear and write something for that mass circulation daily, the Bellingham Herald. If I can persuade them to publish it (they have refused twice before) I may reach, oh, several dozen women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To avoid mucking out the kitchen I have been playing with my computer. As old-timers will remember, I once tried to change the name of this blog to let’s Fight Back Against Ovarian Cancer. That didn’t stick, so I abandoned it. Well, it’s still out there – just, nobody reads it and I don’t post anything on it. However, just now I checked the statistics for that abandoned blog. It seems that in the last week it has been accessed twice, by “readers” from the Czech Republic and Moldova! I don’t even know where Moldova IS! Something definitely is rotten in Blogger-Land.

    Oh, yeah. Almost nobody responded to this blog so I gave up trying to answer the question “Who reads this thing, anyway? I am just going to assume that it is read by Barack Obama, Angela Merkel, and the entire Chinese politburo. And you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faithful reader here. Don't stop writing!

    ReplyDelete