Thursday, October 25, 2012

NOT OC. SAFE, SOUND & VERY STIFF IN BORREGO SPRINGS



Our Borrego Place, 2007

After about 30 hrs. in my "comfy" new  jeep – mercifully broken by five days with Carolyn in Eureka – I have arrived in Borrego Springs.  My digs were almost painfully clean*, everything worked, the plants were healthy, and the temperature was 800 .  I was invited to dinner by Joanne Ingwall and had my customary superb meal and super-abundance of excellent wine – not to mention good conversation.    My only regret was that there was no zucchini squash – Dick says that, although you all sent him many packages of delicious squash, they ate them all up.  He is going to try to grow some himself next year.  Good luck, on Cape Cod.

I have quite a few cancer-related things to read and pass on through this blog, but this morning I’m not in the mood.  In a few days, maybe…  I need to go for a walk before it gets too hot(!).

*But, of course, also painfully empty and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment