Monday, October 15, 2012

MORE HIDDEN NUGGETS OF FACT & SPECULATION


Cheyenne.  They grow 'em big in Texas
but they grow 'em bigger in Wyoming

I’m about to leave for Borrego Springs, so I shouldn’t be bothering you with these things for a week or more, probably more.  But since I know how you like to see pictures of Linda I have fabricated an excuse for one more blog-bit.  The excuse is this: people write Comments, most of which are chatty (that is a beautiful picure of Linda), jocular (when will you ever learn to use spell-check?), or downright admonitive  (teleomeres don’t cause cancer, tis ‘tother  way around, blockhead!).  However, some are serious and present interesting facts, observations or speculations – and these certainly deserve to be read and pondered.  Unfortunately, not all of you can be notified of new Comments, and probably very few of you go back and read Comments on earlier blog entries.  So here are some places you should search for these nuggets.  I did something like this on 6/19; this merely brings it up to date.

Name of original blog follows comment

Another battle in the Prostate Cancer Wars, by me.  FOR MEN ONLY: THE PROSTATE CANCER WARS

Comment on ENCODE, the massive genomic study that promises great benefit to mankind, also by me.  ANOTHER SILVER BULLET TARNISHED.

Interesting comment on the parallels between animal and human medicine, by Bunny Schneider.  OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH.

Also interesting, a comment about monozygotic twins and their development, by Kristen Beck.  ANOTHER SILVER BULLET TARNISHED

A damned interesting observation, also by Kristen, about ovarian cancer screening.   OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

An impassioned quasi-rant on smoking, flavored cigars, and tobacco advertising, by Bunny.   FLAVORED CIGARS?

Comment on pharamocogenetics and targeted therapies, by Kristen.  OUTLIERS

News of a huge ($3 X 109 ) new research project in Texas, aimed at sequencing  cancer’s  genome and figuring out how to throttle it. I wrote it.  READ THE ECONOMIST

Musings on chemo-brain, also by me.  CIPN

Kristen answers my question regarding Myc: protein, gene, or both.  By the way, she is right – some proteins require more than one gene.  MORE ON Myc

Contrary results on multivitamins as a preventative for cancer.  At least for some, they work.  By me.  EAT YOUR GREENS Myrl Jr., 6/22/12

That’s more than enough.  I sure hope you appreciate it.  It took two damned hours and gave me a headache.

1 comment:

  1. I deserve to brag. This is my 80th blog entry, and so far this blog has generated more than 4,100 "hits". I also deserve a vacation.

    ReplyDelete