Sunday, May 27, 2012

LINDA'S TEAM, Part 2.


We took that truck on our honeymoon.
First day out, I ran it out of gas.
Truck and tent still exist.

Okay, so we have decided to run a northern version of the SummeRun, here in Bellingham.  I will secure a place in a nice park and reserve some kind of shelter for a few hours; I thought, like 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.  I will have some kind of grill going, buy some soda and such stuff, and have a supply of hotdogs, hotdog buns, and maybe potato salad.  Anyone who wants to can bring additional goodies, or healthier things to grill.  We haven’t selected the park yet, but the alternatives Florence and I are considering all are near a trail system so anybody who wants to can walk or run as far as they want to.  The idea is to show up about 10:00, take a walk (or just sit around), then have a group picnic around noon.  If this is a bad idea please let me know:  email me at myrlbeck@msn.com.
This is, after all, a fund-raiser for ovarian cancer research, so I would urge you to donate.    Here the best way to go about it.
      Go to their web site (www.summerun.org) and click on Donate.

                 Type “Linda’s team” in the search block that will come up.
            Fill out the inevitable form, chose the amount you want to give, and finish.  You will need to use a credit   card.
Note:  Do NOT “join” Linda’s team.  If you do they will subtract $30 from whatever you give, for expenses.  As we are not participating in their big race/walk with all the accompanying hoopla, we don’t need to register.
Pretty soon Carolyn will come up with a t-shirt design, and you can order one if you want to. 
I’ll get back to you with more details when I figure out what they are.

2 comments:

  1. Great Myrl and thanks Florence for helping. The t-shirt design will be available soon with directions on how to order. I am so happy that I can be a part of this walk. Not only is fighting ovarian cancer a needed cause, but I'll be able to see many of Linda's friends again. So come and walk and eat with us on July 22!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! My God, I remember that truck!!

    ReplyDelete