Sunday, July 24, 2022

AN IMPROVED BIO-MARKER?


 The Joyce family
Quite som time ago

Nothing very earth shaking in the anti-OVCA line has crossed my computer lately, but I guess this is worth reporting.  As you surely know, a large part of the reason OVCA is so deadly is that it is very difficult to detect until it reaches an advanced stage.  Thus, much effort is expended in trying to develop sensitive bio-marker routines.  That is what my Fred Hutch research group worked on back then.  This article presents an advance on that front, utilizing a marker protein (HE4) discovered, if I remember correctly, by my Hutch research group.  Catch it early, improve longevity.  Not world class news, but welcome nonetheless.

https://www.aacc.org/cln/articles/2022/julyaugust/new-blood-biomarker-could-aid-ovarian-cancer-diagnosis 

No comments:

Post a Comment