Monday, April 11, 2022

THE RIVKIN CENTER


 Exiting a fabric store somewhere in Nova Scotia

Last night I received a phone call from Dr. Saul Rivkin, the founder and animating spirit of the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research.  It turns out that Saul is temporarily inactive, due to some sort of leg injury - he can no longer walk.  I guess he treasures having me as a friend because I am the only person yet alive who is older than him!  As you probably know already, at one time I did quite a bit of work with the Rivkin Center.  While I was there (Swedish Hospital in Seattle), Saul and I would get to shooting the breeze – possibly somewhat loudly at times.   The office staff had to run us off on a few occasions, we were distracting them with our senior citizen chortles!

Over the years, Saul – through his institute – has raised $15.6 million for ovarian cancer research.  He ranks high on my list of heroes.

So, here is the annual report of the Rivkin Center.  Glance through it.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/rivkin/FMfcgzGmvfgKPvvvVbSplZlLdlGkBbrQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment