Saturday, June 8, 2019

HOW TO USE THIS BLOG: A tutorial


At least they don't have to shave every day!

It occurs to me that this may be getting out-of-hand.  So far I have written 687 blogs, all but a tiny minority devoted to the fight against ovarian cancer. That number is so huge that even I cannot remember what I have covered, and when.  As the professed purpose of all this work is to keep you up to snuff – to know what to ask your oncologist if ever – God forbid! – you need one, I want to remind you that you can search the whole mess for terms pertaining to your needs or curiosities.
Just go to Google and type in Myrl’sBlog.  This should allow you to access the entire collection.  In the upper left corner (on my machine, at least) there will appear a “Search” line.  Use it.  I tried “clinical trials”, and got 20 hits.  Early detection yielded 14 articles, and “Review” dredged up 10.  Even the humble word “Damn” found seven hits.
By the way, if you are frightened that Google is swallowing the world, Yahoo’s search engine seems to work just as well.,

No comments:

Post a Comment