Tuesday, May 31, 2016

MUKHERJEE on EPIGENETICS

We are fortunate to live on the migration
route of the fabled Arctic flamingo

I am beginning to believe that Siddhartha Mukherjee, MD, is twins – or possibly triplets.  Not only has he written two books, one of which I have twice read and greatly praised, the other sitting half consumed on my reading stand  –he maintains an impressive research career (32 scientific pubs since 2011), and still has time to write articles aimed at you and me.  And he writes them well.  I stumbled on one today while waiting to have my cranial skin cancers frozen.  It is a treatment of the subject of epigenetics, which I have mulled over with you many times previously.  For instance:


I am not going to attempt to summarize Mukherjee’s essay.  It is clear, understandable, and even – at least for a fanatic like me -  entertaining.  It also is long.  Those of you with a serious interest in biochemistry and/or molecular genetics, and who lack a PhD in both subjects, are urged to click on the following link:


PS: no melanomas, but a cryogenically preserved brain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment