Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 22, 2016

In our hearts forever
Today is the fifth anniversary of Linda’s death.  I don’t feel up to writing something new, so I will modify and re-post a blog from three years ago.

On this fifth anniversary of Linda’s death I can do no better than to repeat what I wrote on May 22, 2011.
My beloved companion of 30+ years left today at 4:20 pm.  She had struggled bravely for days, but in the end her going was peaceful and, in its way, almost beautiful,  If there is a heaven she is surely there, with the mother she hasn’t seen for five years and the father she has missed for over fifty years.  There will be a celebration of life but I don’t know when*; you will all be informed.  Hospice House is a wonderful institution.  Your friendship is a great blessing.  Life can be painful, but I guess it’s worth the effort.
As for me, the pain is still here, but I have learned to deal with it.  And I continue to work to the best of my poor ability to hasten, if by only a few hours, that wonderful day when no woman ever again has to suffer what Linda suffered, and no man will be forced to stand by, helpless, and suffer the agony of watching his beloved wife die of ovarian cancer, and be powerless to intervene.
If you would like to make a donation to ovarian cancer research, please do it through Linda’s tribute page:
http://engage.fredhutch.org/site/TR/PersonalFundraisingPages/General?px=1148821&pg=personal&fr_id=1573

*It was held on July 24th, 2011.  About 65 people attended - a small fraction of those who loved her.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that post again--it is very beautiful. I'm going to fill today with memories of Linda smiling and playing with Coleman, Ella, and Cash. I'm glad she got to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture of the two of you. For Linda, sweet memories of a life well lived <3

    ReplyDelete