Thursday, August 27, 2015

LINDA'S 70th BIRTHDAY

Linda on her 7th birthday
 
 
This Sunday would have been Linda’s 70th birthday.  Boy, what a party we would have had!  I would have spent a week by now,  searching for the world’s best funny card.  The table would have groaned from its load of food; my recycle bin would have overflowed with empty wine bottles. Late-comers would have been forced to park two blocks away! Linda’s face would have ached from so much smiling.  And after you all had left I would have squeezed her tight, told her how much I loved her, and how lucky I was to have her to watch over me as I lapsed gradually into grouchy old age.  And we would have been very happy.
Well, of course, none of that happened.  Linda died 4+ years ago. Since that time about 65,000 American women have died of ovarian cancer.  What seems to me to be rapid progress is being made, but the end is not in sight.  I am going to try to help until I get too senile to turn on the computer.  That may be sooner than you think.
Maybe you want to give Linda a birthday present.  Here is the address:
I will be in Alaska for the next week or so.  Take this opportunity to browse my blog and catch up on all the good stuff you’ve missed.


2 comments:

  1. Always a perfectly lovely smile - that never changed! Love the classic 1950's party dress ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling that hole in my heart today. I think I'l buy some good caramel ice cream and toast Linda with it. That would be the Joyce way.

    ReplyDelete