Saturday, July 11, 2015

I'M TRYING, I'M TRYING!

The Joyce kids, Kalamazoo, 1953
The semi-toothless one in the middle is Linda
 
I am attempting to get my blog “on line”, but cyber-roadblocks keep getting in the way.  My trusty ASUS desktop has been invaded – “overwhelmed” might be a better word – by multiple viruses.  Some are fairly pernicious.  For instance, a few minutes ago in attempting to access the Fred Hutch web site I first had to clear away a full page of female bottoms, together with a promise that any or all of them could be mine if only …..  Anyway, it is obvious that I need expert help, which I will get as soon as I can.  In the meantime, read this:
As sophisticated followers of this blog you will not need this information personally, but maybe you can share it with friends.
I confess that my usefulness to ovarian cancer research has waned, big time.  My Fred Hutch group has disintegrated, and I am increasingly reluctant to traipse down to Seattle to be involved with the Rivkin bunch.  At 82, all that time on the freeway may not be a great idea.  I will continue to work from home – if they have things for me to do, and if my cursed computer returns from the living dead.  I will keep the blog going, of course, but maybe slow a bit on the output.  That being the case I will resume posting new blogs on Facebook.  As supporters have said – you always can relegate me to non-follow status.
Okay: so while this computer is working, I will post this thing asap.


No comments:

Post a Comment