Tuesday, October 14, 2014

THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION for CANCER RESEARCH


Linda and her Mom
Two beautiful women
 
For more than two years I have been scouring the world of cancer news, looking for information that I can pass on through this blog.  Many of you have helped, by alerting me to items published in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, local newspapers, various news magazines, and on line.  Somehow, though, I have managed to remain completely ignorant of what may be a totally wonderful and convenient way to keep up with cancer research: the newsletter of the American Association for Cancer Research.  Somehow I have managed to remain unaware of even the existence of this organization, even though I conducted an intensive computer search for cancer foundations for the Rivkin Center just a year or so ago.  Anyway, I blundered onto the AACR web site just today, and discovered that – for free – I can receive a monthly update of advances in cancer research.  I just signed up, so I can’t tell you how valuable this e-newsletter will turn out to be, but I am hopeful.  If you want to sign up, here is the web address:
I know that all of you have better things to do with your lives than to join me in my inept but persistent crusade against ovarian cancer, so if you ignore this tip I forgive you in advance.  However, some of you might find it useful.  And, this is another excuse to post a picture of Linda.
 


1 comment:

  1. And here, courtesy of AACR, is another article showing that aspirin is an effective agent for prevention of cancer:
    http://www.aacr.org/Newsroom/Pages/News-Release-Detail.aspx?ItemID=605#.VD2VA2Xn-70
    Pester your doctor!

    ReplyDelete