Sunday, September 7, 2014

ARE SPERM CELLS USEFUL?

At a quilt store in St. Charles, Missouri
 
I’m off to Seattle, to attend the annual ovarian cancer symposium, organized by the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research, and presided over by my buddy, Dr. Saul Rivkin.  I intend to listen faithfully and diligently to every talk (well, most of them, anyway) and try to wrap my elderly, physical-sciencey brain around as much as possible.  I definitely will not ask any questions.
My nametag reads “Dr. Myrl Beck, Ph.D. -   just below which  I am described as “Student”.  That should confuse ‘em.
So, while I am gone, I toss you this to feed your inner biologist.  It is a pretty sharp essay, and if you’d read Epigenetics, by Nessa Carey like I told you to do you would immediately catch this guy’s drift.  Otherwise, it will take some effort – but, what the heck, mental effort keeps the mind young and supple.  Right?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment