Thursday, March 13, 2014

YEAH, YEAH - STILL NO PICTURE. I'M WORKING ON IT!


Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a vaccine against ovarian cancer?  Well, there isn’t – but some of our star Fred Hutch/W. Washington researchers are trying to chase one down.  They are even running a Phase I clinical trial, now enrolling women with Stage 3 or 4 ovarian cancer who are in remission.  Other restrictions apply, as well.  I hope darned few of my loyal readers qualify for this trial, but any who do might want to check this link:


POCRC stands for Pacific Ovarian Cancer Research Consortium.  The Hutch project I attempt to help is an important component of POCRC.  The PI of this particular POCRC project is Dr. Nora Disis.  I have never met Dr. Disis, but from random reading she seems to be a powerhouse.  Once again:  Go get ‘em, Nora!

 

1 comment:

  1. Something fishy in Deutschland. For the last several weeks the Germans have been hitting my blog hard - more hits from there than from the U.S. and Canada combined. I hope they're not taking my stuff as serious science; that would set back German medicine a decade, at least!

    ReplyDelete