Saturday, June 22, 2013

SUMMERUN NORTH 2013, Chapter 2

On some unknown beach
When?  Where?  Any ideas?
Just a reminder that Summerun North 2013 is now only weeks away.  Thanks to generous contributions  by many people, but especially  by Paul Larson and Florence DiJulio, we are now within striking distance of our totally arbitrary goal.  (Of course, I would like to greatly exceed it.)  You still have plenty of time to sign up – but you don’t have much time left to order a T-shirt.  I will give the web addresses of the sign-up page and also the T-shirt-order page below.
To jog your memory:  The event will be held at my house, 1811 4th St., Bellingham, starting at 10:30 the morning of July 28th, which is a Sunday.  There will be hot dogs, chips, pop – and beer.   Other contributions – healthy or otherwise – are more than welcome.  Those who wish can walk a short route through Fairhaven, hopefully in "Linda's Team" T-shirts to attract attention; if anyone happens to ask what you are doing you will be able to give them a Symptoms card – and otherwise spread the word.  If anyone wants to run I will lay out some sort of route through Edgemore, complete with steep hills and other tests of character.  The event will end when the beer runs out or the cops come to break it up – whichever comes first.
As before:  you can come and not contribute, or you can contribute but not come – but we hope to see you all here, and all paid up!.     
To contribute:
Do not “join” the team.  Instead “contribute” to it.  This is so Swedish doesn’t grab some of the money for expenses – which we will not incur.
To order a T-shirt:


4 comments:

  1. Why in heck is nobody reading this blog? How am I supposed to raise tons of money for cancer research if nobody reads his blog? My "hits counter" reports that just three of you have "hit" this one. It's a nice picture & a worth cause, so what the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just doodling through the blogosphere, playing with my "profile". Maybe you know that, at the bottom of the "profile" at the side of each blog are the words "View my complete profile". If you click on that you will see such consequential things as: I like Celtic music. I like certain books. And, relevant here, I like certain movies. Well, a few weeks ago I added "Parent Trap" to my list of favorite movies (poor Lindsay Lohen - she had such potential). Anyway, I just looked at my profile and clicked on "Parent Trap". There I was, #2 on their list - with at least 100 females. I quit counting at 100, but you get the picture. Who says I don't have a feminine side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to claim that log as belonging to the beaches near Eureka. I think the photo was taken in July 1989. We also went to Fern Canyon and foolishly took pictures with a male elk peering over your shoulders.
    By the way, both Parent Trap movies are among my favorites.
    Finally, you have been responsible for raising lots of money for cancer research. What you need to do next, is hit up the cooperate sponsors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right, for sure. I have just finished combing through the internet for the Rivkin Center, looking for ovarian cancer foundations, then filling out a spread sheet with relevant information. I noticed that many such organizations have corporate sponsors, so I am going to try to get MRC to do the same.

      I think you are right about the beach and the log. Isn't she beautiful!

      Delete