Tuesday, March 19, 2013

LINDA ON HER WEDDING DAY: Our 31st


Four beautiful women and one lucky guy
This is our 31st wedding anniversary.  If I look a wee bit smug in the picture (above) it’s because I was, and had every right to be.  I had just hit the jackpot.
I will be home (Bellingham) by April 3rd, whereupon I will look through our wedding album as described a year ago, and generally mope around and feel sorry for myself.  And even sorrier for Linda, of course.  Life has a way of getting in its digs, but I wouldn’t have missed it.  I urge all of you who knew Linda to re-read her Fred Hutch“tribute” (http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/goto/lindajoycebeck) and then think about what you can do to further the fight against ovarian cancer.  And then do it.  Any of you who never knew her but wish you had – and that should include all of you   should do likewise.


5 comments:

  1. You did have every reason to be pleased with yourself. Please try not to mope too much; you have many people who love you and don't like to see you too mopey.
    I did re-read Linda's tribute today. I confess I have yet to write my congressmen but in my defense, I only acquired a tiny bit of your witty writing skills, so it may take me some time to even attempt to match the quality of your letters! And some research as well.
    Thank you for sharing this photo. keep them coming please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amands, you write very well. I think the secret of writing well is to keep it simple; say what you need to say without searching for 6-bit words and fancy phrases. Write it out, then go through it and make it simpler. Works for me, most of the time. Also: never take yourself too seriously.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Amanda. Especially thank you for thinking about burning boots. I have the depressing notion that nobody has responded. I hope I'm wrong. If not, what in hell am I doing this for?

      Delete
  2. Linda was a real beauty on her wedding day - I remember it well. Just look at her big smile, and for good reason, she gained three lovely daughters in the bargin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ARE those people???? Wow. Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete