Wednesday, August 29, 2012

NOT OC: LINDA'S 65th BIRTHDAY


This is the picture on the invitation to her 65th birthday party
Taken on our Mexico trip, 2010

Tomorrow is Linda’s 67th birthday.  I know we all miss her as much or more than we did a year ago.  She was a rare blend of endearing qualities, more than I can easily describe.  Elsewhere I have said that she loved more people in this world than most of us will ever even know.  The reverse is true:  she was loved by swarms of people in return.  We were lucky to have had her around as long as we did.

I’m going to write something on her Fred Hutch web site.  If you knew her you will still miss her: please think about writing something yourself. 
Myrl

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite pictures of Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love this picture of my sweet sister. She looks so happy and relaxed and that is IN SPITE of the fact that she has been through a chemo series and will do so again. She leaves behind many wonderful lessons for all of us and this glowing picture, taken on a vacation trip to Mexico, says that cancer need not stop your life. Every day she felt well she was productive and connected to life. And when she didn't feel well, she never complainded. Just another lesson for us that is part of her legacy.

    ReplyDelete