Monday, November 14, 2022

HAPPY TIMES

It is funny where you can pick up OVCA news if you keep tuned. As many of you know, I often amuse myself by pretending to be Warren Buffett – “playing” the stock market, using my kids’ inheritance. So far, Warren is beating me pretty badly. However, from time to time I run on financial press releases that bear on OVCA research. I did so today. There is this little drug company-that-could, named Immunogen (formerly known as Celsion), located in Lawrenceville, NJ, that seems to have hit the jackpot. It has won fast-track approval from the FDA for one of its products (they call it EAHERE) that seems to be successful in the usual preliminary trials. EAHERE is an ADG, which stands for antibody drug conjugate. It is a means to deliver a lethal dose of toxicity directly to the cancer cells, that causes no harm elsewhere. In my primitive understanding, the process involves extracting T cells that are fighting cancer, cloning them by the billions in the lab, attaching them to a “messenger” molecule, then reinjecting the whole mess, now known as an antigen drug conjugate – ADC – into the patient. Sounds simple, huh? Not likely. But let’s hope. I am, however, not planning to plunk down real money on IMGN stock, I did that several years ago, when CELSION issued an optimistic press release. I doubt if Warren did. So far my loss hovers at 90%

1 comment:

  1. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/immunogen-announces-fda-accelerated-approval-213000790.html

    ReplyDelete