Wednesday, February 23, 2022

MUSINGS ON CAREERS


                            Keeping warm at the cabin!

I am five books into the Hillerman Leaphorn/Chee books and loving every page.  The first two in the series are sprinkled throughout with fascinating  tidbits about Navajo religion and culture, so adeptly that it almost makes me wish I had gone into anthropology.  But not really – for one thing, I have the Devil’s own time learning languages.  Hell, I worked in South America for more than a dozen years, & never even came close to being fluent in a simple language like Spanish!

So, no, geology was the right choice for me.  My only regret there is that it took me away from Linda so much.  If I had known what was to happen I would have stayed home a lot more.

But, heck – knowing what I know now, I certainly would have gone into cancer biology.  I might not have been much good at it, but at least I would have tried.

  God, how I hate that fucking disease!

Yeah, I’m still on the lookout for important cancer research news.  Not much new these days.  I will be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment