Sunday, October 17, 2021

NANOPARTICLES AND DEATH


 

 

I am more or less starting over with this blog and, as it happens, I have about 500 pictures oi Linda in a special file, so I plan to use them systematically throughout what I hope will be a long series of useful blogs.  This one is perhaps my favorite.  Hurricane Ridge and lots of love.

So, Celsion Corp has trumpeted its FDA fast-track approval for its new OVCA treatment which it calls GEN-1.  This entails delivery via nanoparticle (not a virus vector) of the drug lnterleukin-12 directly to the cancer cells, thereby reducing the probability of unwanted side effects.  IL-12 is a protein that causes inflammatory response and thus enhances the probability that the cancer cell will croak.  Use of IL-12 before and/or after debulking surgery will (or won’t, pending FDA approval) prolong remittance in the case of advanced OVCA.  Preliminary trial results look promising.

I wrote about this drug/company once before.  I even went so far as to buy a bunch of Celsion stock, at $1.88 per share.  Since then it dropped to $1.00 and shows every sign of roosting there.  Don’t look to m for stock tips!

 

https://ovariancancernewstoday.com/2021/02/25/fda-grants-fast-track-designation-celsions-gen-1-advanced-ovarian-cancer/ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Myrl, Great picture of you and Linda! I'm looking forward to your pictures and blogs. Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that picture. Keep the blogs and of course Linda photos coming. I'll try to understand your science.

    ReplyDelete