Saturday, May 29, 2021

TEN YEARS


 Linda and Patches grab some serious down time

I have been away from my computer for several weeks, visiting my daughter and husband at their beautiful farm in Wisconsin,  I travelled by Amtrack, and one of these days I will write something about that experience, which was more or less pleasant.  But, in the meantime the 10th anniversary of Linda’s death rolled by.  The picture shows her about 25 years ago, enjoying some serious down time with a creature that grew into what must have been the world’s most beautiful cat, Patches.  Oh how I wish they were here with me today.

God made a serious blunder when he took Linda instead of me all those years ago.  She had a long and productive life left to live, whereas I was more or less worn out.  Agnostic though I always have been, I even asked Him, as she was about to go, to let me take her place.  Such are the silly things we think at such moments.  Anyway, if Linda dying of ovarian cancer in such an unnecessarily cruel way is in any way part of “God’s plan”, then I don’t like Him very much.  I prefer to think it was all the result of brute biology and bad luck.  At least we can fight back against the brute biology part by donating to her research fund at Fred Hutch.  You can track it down easily; start by Googling “Linda Joyce Beck” and go from there.  Thanks.  And those of you who knew her should take a moment to remember how beautiful, kind and loving she was.


No comments:

Post a Comment