Sunday, October 1, 2017

ALAN SANDERSON

Two kids in Evanston

Alan Sanderson, you’re my man!

There is a large lake, Chew Valley Lake, in the Chew Valley district of Somerset, England.  The somewhat comical name (Chew Valley) led me to read an article in the Chew Valley Gazette.  There I met Alan.

Alan lost his wife to ovarian cancer in 2014.  Since then he has devoted much of his time and energy to combatting the disease.  He is a star fundraiser for Ovacome, a leading British charity focused on ovarian cancer.  For instance, he recently organized a 13-mile walk through the Somerset countryside, to raise money for OVCA research and treatment.  In his spare time he gives talks to groups about OVCA symptoms and treatments.

Alan, I envy you the energy and mobility to do what you do.  I have somehow become so old that all I can do is sit on my duff and write this blog.  If you ever visit the Pacific Northwest, I would like to buy you a beer.  Not as good as you would get in your Local, of course, but not bad, either.


And here is some information about Ovacome:




No comments:

Post a Comment