Monday, April 3, 2017

# 500

Linda and Ella share the bald look

I guess I should congratulate myself on persistence, but perhaps not on accomplishment.  This is the 500th time I have posted to this blog, which is devoted to furthering research leading to the eradication of ovarian cancer.  The sequence began on March 3, 2012 – 1887 days ago.  Thus, I have posted on average every 3.71 days.  If the average post is 250 words – and many are much more – then I have written the equivalent of ( well, who cares?)  War and Peace.  Less royalties, though 

As the article noted below indicates, overall cancer survival rates have improved – in some cases, dramatically.  Breast and melanoma show conspicuous improvement.  Survival for racial minorities is catching up with that of whites.  So, most of the news is good, but…

When I started this pursuit five years ago it was common for research articles to begin with the words In America, 22,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer this year, and 14,000 will die from it.  The exact same words appeared in several articles I have read in the last few weeks. OVCA survival rates have shown some improvement, but not much.

OVCA is a tough nut to crack.  But it will be cracked, someday.  I have faith.

https://seer.cancer.gov/report_to_nation/survival.html

No comments:

Post a Comment