Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Ho Hum: Cloning and stem cells


Linda and my Mom, 1982
Mom was 84 at the time
Taken in Cherry Valley, CA



I’m not exactly recommending this article; more like bringing it to your attention.  If you want a painless, science-free summary of the development of cloning technology and the politico-ethical war over stem cells, waste a few minutes on this.  Otherwise, take a nap.  I usually rave about Economist articles, but not this one.  It appears possible that Donald Trump has thrown the Economist into a tizzy.  Not only can they write of little else, and without their customary touch of irony – they are sending me the magazine here in Borrego, while simultaneously informing me by increasingly frantic emails that copies sent to Bellingham are being returned and that they will have no option other than to suspend my subscription.  It is said that “elections have consequences”.  Who knew this might be one?

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21717035-ways-reproducing-without-sexual-intercourse-are-multiplying-history-suggests-they-should

No comments:

Post a Comment