Wednesday, January 25, 2017

THE INTERNET

Linda and her big brother, 1967


It seems as though it was just a few years ago that I first realized that there was this thing called the Internet, and that it might be useful.  Well, I investigated, dabbled – and, like an invasive kudzu vine – the Internet has taken over my life.  And here, in Borrego Springs, for the past four days, the Internet has been DOWN!  Oh, the horror.  People have been wandering about like zombies, with blank, glazed eyes, wondering what to do next.  If you lacked 4G you were totally out of luck; you might as well have been in exile in Nebraska.  But now, thanks to a team of intrepid engineers who braved the thick snow cover on Toro Peak, the Internet is back UP!  Unfortunately I have forgotten what I wanted to report.  I know it had to do with diet.  There seems to be some evidence that dark toast and roasted potatoes furnish a chemical that, when stuffed down the gullets of mice in prodigious quantities, increase the probability of getting cancer.  Why?  Who knows?  Official health authority’s reaction seems to be something like “don’t sweat it.”  I won’t; I don’t like to eat dark brown things very much, anyway.  


No comments:

Post a Comment