Monday, May 25, 2015

AN INDECENT PROPOSAL

Mildred and Billie
Welcome to life, little guy.  You may be four hours old.
 
Deer report:  I guess my yard was the obstetrics ward but not the neo-natal nursery.  I have seen neither hide nor hair of Mildred and her two tiny fawns since the day fawn #2 (Willie) was born.  I feel bereft and slighted, but I will bear up   and continue to look out the window every 30 minutes are so).  The camera remains at the ready.
So, while I wait to go to Iceland I am re-watching a Teaching Company course What Science Knows about Cancer.  The teacher is a geeky looking guy (Hey, he’s an academic.  We are supposed to look geeky) but he really knows how to package the info and pass it on to you painlessly.  It comes pretty fast, but – since the lectures are on DVDs, they are repeatable – in whole or in part– as often as needed.  I’m not supposed to do this, but I will:  Who wants to borrow the course?  It consists of 18, 30 minute lectures.  I will mail it to whoever wants it, and applies first, to mebeckjr@gmail.com.  Then, when #1 is done with it, he/she must promise to mail it to #2, etc, etc, until it wears out.  I will give the appropriate addresses.
Now, come on!  Here is your chance to prove to me that you do more than just look at the pretty pictures I post.  Sure, some of you will have a good reason to refuse this splendid offer.  I give you a sampling:
1)      I don’t own a TV, or a DVD player.  Actually, I do, but I don't know how they work.
2)      I cannot possibly look at a geeky guy with a clownishly long necktie for 30 minutes
3)      I have a Ph.D. in medical oncology.
4)      I can’t sit still for 30 minutes at a crack.  (Unless I have a beer in my hand)
5)      I live in Canada, and we don’t have mail service or electricity way up here.
6)      I cannot afford the postage to send it on to the next guy on the list
7)      I think your blog is dumb, but I live in Kansas and it’s the only thing my computer can manage to find
8)      Etc.
Okay, here’s your chance.  Give me a shout.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice offer...that I am declining at this time. Don't hate me, Myrl.

    ReplyDelete