Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BLOGGER RECESS

 
Linda and her Mom, Borrego Springs, 2005
I wonder why I always pose her with the sun directly in her eyes
 
This is to warn you that I won’t be posting anything new for several weeks: I’m going to Cordova, Alaska for Christmas and New Year’s.  Then, of course, not long after I get back (one week, to be exact)  I will get my left knee replaced with something that works, or at least doesn’t hurt.  The operation will keep me out of trouble for another week or so.  So, if you get restless, re-read old blogs and make comments.  I feel safe inviting you to do this, because experience has shown that you won’t.  Someday, one of you is going to catch me in a blatant error, but I know you’ll be kind when you do.
I am still going to be working a little, however.  The Rivkin Center has kindly allowed me to look at proposals for their 2014 Pilot Awards.  I can even make comments, but they won’t count (I hope), or at least not much.  There are 88 of them, of which we can fund about eight.   A quick survey has shown me that of that total, all 88 are worth supporting!  This shows that there are lots of good ideas out there that ought to be followed up and exploited.  All that is lacking is – you guessed it - money.  Oh to be Bill Gates!


No comments:

Post a Comment